This position has been filled
Our Client is one of the leading financial institutions in the UAE and in the region. They have been in operations for over 20 years now.
We are looking to place a Legal & Compliance Officer to develop and implement a legal & compliance program that is in line with the regulatory framework and international standards.
- Responsible for the adherence to the post-trade regulatory and legal framework.
- Evaluate and update risk rating after review of audit reports.
- Coordinate with local and international regulators when needed.
- Stay abreast of the changes in the regulatory environment and the applicable laws and advise management regarding these changes and their impact on the organization.
- Draft and refine company policies to support regulatory rules and changes.
- Assist business units in recording the risks and establishing the risk register for the organization.
- Create reliable internal controls and monitor adherence to these controls that are in the line with the organization.
- Train employees to fully understand compliance and regulatory policies.
Profile & Background
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Law
- Professional certification in compliance is a plus
- 5-8 years’ proven experience as a legal officer in the financial sector such as banks, investment firms, brokerage firms, or the stock exchange
- Well versed with local and international regulations such as IOSCO PFMI principles and
- ESMA requirement related to markets especially post trade services including clearing house and depository
- Experience developing and implementing a compliance program for the organization
- Fluent in both Arabic and English (written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Dubai, UAE
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.