Our client is a global and internationally acclaimed Management Consulting firm which is working on a large number of private and public-sector projects in the Middle East. This firm has an excellent client base and has solid experience in working on large scale projects in the GCC.
We are looking to place a Translation Team Leader to successfully perform and produce accurate results in a fast-paced intellectually intense, client-orients environment. The position is based in Riyadh, KSA.
- Handle all requests for translation in a timely and professional manner; assess workload capacity with the internal and external teams and assign jobs as necessary
- Negotiate regarding delivery times ensuring expectations are set correctly depending upon the amount of time provided for translation requests i.e., quality vs time.
- Track all translation requests to monitor the amount of work being handled internally vs externally, spend, etc.
- Manage, motivate, and train internal translators ensuring they are always producing high-quality work.
- Ensure internal team submit time sheets on a weekly basis within deadline.
- Carry out mid-year and year-end performance summaries for internal teams providing guidance or areas of development.
- Provide quality checks by proofreading jobs handled by external translators to ensure deliverables of the highest quality.
- Identify new external translation companies to work with to successfully handle all requests outside of normal working hours.
- If capacity permits produce translations directly in MS PowerPoint and complete formatting changes as necessary. These can be in-depth, so excellent working knowledge of PowerPoint is vital, and produce written translations of a variety of documents from English to Arabic (majority of work) and Arabic to English within tight deadlines.
- Proofread and edit final translated documents to provide grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated texts.
- Attend client meetings with the case team when necessary to discuss translation projects and answer questions.
- Use translation memory software to ensure consistency of translation and increase efficiency and train new translators when and if required.
- Use specialist dictionaries and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used, taking into consideration country and client specifics. Research technical terms to find the correct translation.
- Communicate clearly and confidently with external translation companies regarding outsourced work and various people throughout the organization regarding content and status of internal requests, discussing any unclear points, and involving experts if necessary.
- Always ensure the security and confidentiality of all translated materials.
Profile & Background
- 5+ years of translation experience (English to Arabic/Arabic to English) within a professional service firm/fast turnaround environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Linguistics and/or Legal translation certificate.
- Excellent Arabic and English translation, editing, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team.
- Working knowledge of the business language and thinking in English and Arabic.
- Expert computer skills: Excellent MS PowerPoint Skills a must, plus MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; clarity, tact, professionalism.
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Riyadh, KSA
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.