Our client is a global and internationally acclaimed Management Consulting firm that is working on many private and public-sector projects in the Middle East. This firm has an excellent client base and has solid experience in working on large-scale projects in the GCC.
We are looking to place a Bus Network Scheduling Manager to successfully develop scheduling scenarios. This role reports directly to the Project Manager and is responsible for the management of the network data and cartography, using this information to develop scheduling scenarios that form a benchmark for assessment of the Operator’s operational proposals.
- Lead the development of the contractual deliverables for the workstream area.
- Oversee the Bus Operator’s network scheduling activity to ensure full integration and compatibility with contractual requirements, budget, and available resources (incl. operational costing of network variations)
- Manage the ongoing transition and integration of existing network data management systems to the GOAL scheduling system.
- Support the ongoing installation and initialization of the GOAL scheduling system including further system specification development.
- Manage the contractual validation of data for VDV files ensuring all data is within the agreements between the client and the operator.
- Use the GOAL scheduling system to:
- develop and maintain network data and cartography, performing quality control to assure accuracy and completeness of the information.
- produce scenarios (Vehicle blocks and Crew schedules) that align with the contractual parameters.
- validate and assess Network proposals made by the Operator to ensure compliance with the Contract.
- Support the client in developing and implementing an in-house network team to include knowledge transfer and training.
- Coordinate regular bus network/ route inspections to;
- 1) evaluate route performance.
- 2) identify the need for network changes.
- 3) monitor and evaluate route performance.
- Coordinate and develop relationships with external stakeholders relating to road and bus stop infrastructure, e.g intersection design or bus stop relocations as well as the operation of the greater public transport network, e.g. Metro.
- Coordinate and develop relationships with external stakeholders relating to new infrastructure or development within Riyadh.
- Produce proposals, reports, and presentations for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Engage with clients, internal and external colleagues.
- Analyze technical data including operational performance reports.
- Research, collect, tabulate, analyze and present data.
Profile & Background
- Bachelor’s degree is a must.
- Professional relevant qualifications or certifications related to Transportation Scheduling or similar.
- 8+ years of previous professional experience in a similar role.
- Experience utilizing a scheduling system (GOAL, Hastus, Austrics, Omnibus, etc.) and or extensive experience in data analysis with an understanding of scheduling principles.
- Experience in the Middle East, preferably Saudi Arabia is an advantage.
- Full professional fluency in English required and fluency in Arabic would be considered a strong advantage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the communication of complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to analyze and present technical data including operational performance reports.
- Demonstrated experience working on Transportation Projects or within a Transportation Authority with a specific focus on network scheduling.
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Riyadh, KSA
- The contract is through October 2021 with a high probability of extension.
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.