Our client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies operating across the GCC for over 30 years. They offer full-service engineering with a focus on foundations and piling.
We are looking for a Senior Estimation Engineer to lead the preparation of the budgets, estimates, and pre-bid packages for projects with a guaranteed maximum pricing structure, as well as the selection of bid pursuits in compliance with the Company’s estimating processes and procedures.
- Leads Estimating team with timely roll-out and execution of the entire estimate deliverable process.
- Conducts initial analysis of drawings and specifications to ensure required documentation is present and determines scope of work.
- Critically analyzes bid documents, assesses risk and opportunities, and conveys same to the Management.
- Creates detailed crew, and production cost estimates and reviews prices with the Estimating team.
- Solicits and analyzes subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
- Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
- Develop unit costs accurately.
- Performs technical/plan review when required.
- Accurately assesses and plans take-off workload.
- Gather and monitor actual cost vs. estimated cost, maintaining project cost history.
- Manage and maintain subcontractor database and subcontractor prequalification.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design teams, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meet or exceed the client’s expectations.
Profile & Background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Construction Management, or Building Science with relevant work experience would be preferred, or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a similar industry field (estimation-related).
- Knowledge in estimation works related to the industry (preferred piling and foundation).
- Software knowledge (AutoCAD Civil 3D, Plaxis 2D & 3D, AutoCAD, and Primavera.
- Advanced cost management, total quality management, business systems analysis, contracts and procurement, and project communication.
- Good understanding of the geotechnical and environmental industries.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to work and apply Mathematical concepts (e., statistical inference, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to gather, analyze, and interpret complex
- Detail-oriented and committed to delivering high-quality results within established timelines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across multidisciplinary teams.
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Abu Dhabi, UAE
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.