This position has been filled
This listing has expired.
Our client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies operating across the GCC for over 25 years. They offer full-service engineering with a focus on foundations and piling.
We are looking to place a Senior Accountant to assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll and fixed asset module.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Able to record the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), track existing fixed assets, record depreciation, and account for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Maintain general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting; work with the team to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Record Fixed Asset acquisitions, disposals, and Monthly Depreciation in the fixed asset Module.
- Work closely with the other departments in tracking project costs in comparison to their budgeted projections.
- Manage the deployment and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
- Verify, allocate post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist with VAT returns.
- Ensure the tax invoices related to the tax period have been booked and available for review by the Finance Manager.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Financial Manager in managing the daily banking requirements and relationships.
- Discuss projected cash flow status with Finance Manager before issuing the CDC or PDC to party.
- Attend to the day-to-day queries of functional heads.
Profile & Background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or relevant
- Relevant Certification (CPA / CMA) preferred
- 7+ years relevant working experience in a similar organization
- Deep knowledge of accounting software
- Previous work experience in the construction industry preferred
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Fluency in verbal/written English language
- Reports to the Finance Manager
- Competitive Package
- Based in Abu Dhabi, UAE
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.