Our client is a prestigious and renowned auction house specializing in fine art, antiques, jewellery, furniture, collectibles, and luxury goods. Established in 2011 and located in Abu Dhabi-UAE, the auction house now holds international sales and is looking to grow in the region
We are looking to place a dedicated and detail-oriented Researcher/Cataloguer to join our client’s Research and Cataloging team. This entry-level position offers a unique opportunity for recent graduates with a passion for arts and research to launch their careers in the auction industry. This position will play a crucial role in the creation of accurate and informative auction catalogs.
He/she will work closely with the client’s team of experts to conduct research, document item details, and contribute to the overall success of our auctions. This position offers a dynamic and educational environment for individuals interested in art, research, and cataloguing.
- Research: Conduct in-depth research on artworks, antiques, and collectibles to identify artist attributions, historical context, provenance, and any relevant details.
- Cataloguing: Accurately document item descriptions, dimensions, condition reports, and provenance information for inclusion in auction catalogs and online listings.
- Photography: Assist in the photography of auction items, ensuring high-quality images for catalog use.
- Documentation: Maintain organized records and databases of catalogued, items, ensuring data accuracy and consistency.
- Collaboration: Work closely with experts, appraisers, and other cataloguers to verify and cross-reference information.
- Catalog Production: Assist in the production of auction catalogs, including layout, proofreading, and quality control.
- Client Inquiries: Respond to client inquiries regarding catalogued items with professionalism and accuracy.
- Art Market Knowledge: Stay informed about art market trends, artist biographies, and historical contexts to enhance catalog descriptions.
- Auction Support: Provide support during auction previews, including item display and assisting clients with inquiries.
- Continuous Learning: Participate in training sessions and professional development opportunities to expand knowledge and skills in the auction industry.
- Creating articles/posts/online presence: Assisting the auction house and working closely with the social media team in establishing an online presence by writing and promoting research articles/posts on existing items and others on social media platforms, etc.
Profile & Background
- Bachelor’s degree in art history, fine arts, history, or a related field.
- Strong research and analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for art, antiques, collectibles, and cultural history.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database software.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills.
- A keen interest in learning and a willingness to adapt to evolving cataloguing standards and practices.
- No prior experience is required; recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Abu Dhabi, UAE
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.