This position has been filled
This listing has expired.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is the world’s leading organization in helping and protecting millions of people forced to flee their homes because of violence, conflict, and persecution. They deliver life-saving assistance, including shelter, food, and water while also safeguarding fundamental human rights, safety, and dignity.
This is a 1-year contract with a big possibility of extension.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Regional Strategy and Data Analyst Officer to support UNHCR’s operations with advanced analysis, segmentation, prospecting, and overall fundraising reporting to further their marketing activities and income generation. This role will be working closely with the Private Sector Partnership (PSP) MENA colleagues, global Strategy and Analysis team, regional colleagues, and external vendors.
Business Analyst (50% of the time)
- Collaborate with Fundraising Specialists to help ensure stronger analysis of the various fundraising programs, and better annual and long-term plans leading to improved Return on Investment of PSP Fundraising operations.
- Support PSP planning/reporting across MENA markets and the best allocation of resources.
- Support offices in their NGF application submissions and preparation of Long-term Plans.
- Coordinate and enhance internal/external benchmarking projects across MENA markets.
- Maximize the use and impact of global tools such as the Life-Time Value (LTV) project and INGO benchmarking.
- Develop comprehensive performance reports to spot arising opportunities and challenges.
- Participate in market reviews, market-entry, and other strategy and analysis projects as required.
- Organize and foster the exchange of best practices and know-how transfers across markets in MENA.
Data Reporting and Compliance (40% of the time)
- Ensure data is collected and maintained in compliance with local regulations.
- Monitor data quality and integrity and provide advice on data hygiene improvements.
- Shape the way markets engage with data, in line with our aim to create a single supporter view and donor-centric experience.
- Define minimum viable analytics and reporting frameworks depending on maturity levels of each market in MENA and in line with PSP Global Data Strategy.
- Support/advise markets in the implementation and use of analytics and reporting based on their local business needs and in line with the Global Data Strategy.
- Support Salesforce implementation across multiple markets focusing on the development of database-driven analysis and reports.
- Support the creation and enhancements of market-based reports and dashboards in Salesforce for ongoing and quarterly reporting.
- Ensure that documentation is created/updated upon changes in the configuration of the local database, new reports set-up, and integration with third parties.
- Document new policies related to Analytics and reporting, data procedures, and training materials by market.
Strategy and Data Integration (10% of the time)
- Support Chief of PSP MENA in conducting periodic reviews of UNHCR regional Strategy, develop relevant Marketing Intelligence and forecasting tools to support such reviews.
- Support the investment allocation process (National Growth Fund) through the analysis of past/current performance levels and predictions on future performance and ROI at the market level.
- Manage the implementation of the newly delivered Global PSP Data Strategy across markets in MENA, with a focus on supporting the development of local data strategies.
- Ensure alignment of the local and regional data strategies with global PSP data strategy including definition and reporting standards.
- Work with the Global Strategy and Analysis team on market LTV and Propensity model analysis and other similar reporting and analysis.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Clear description of measurable outputs, milestones, key performance indicators, and/or reporting requirements which will enable performance monitoring.
- Provide support in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide training and documentation as needed.
- Reports and Dashboards are created and maintained as necessary.
- Support on Data Migration Plan to global Salesforce is completed as close to requirements as possible.
Profile & Background
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration, or relevant discipline with a substantial quantitative analytical component (e.g., statistics, economics, management science /operations research, finance or data analytics, social research methods).
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience with bachelor’s degree or 5 years relevant experience with master’s degree.
- Proven experience in regional and country fundraising analysis.
- Proven experience in supporting the assessment, review, and implementation of Global Fundraising Strategies.
- Proven experience with comprehensive PSP reporting, benchmarking, and performance evaluation based on return on investment, attrition rates and life-time value.
- Work experience with fundraising and non-for-profit operation is preferred.
- Experience and understanding of Data Protection and all relevant legislation in the region.
- Experience with Salesforce NPSP (a non-profit cloud) is preferred.
- Experience with Sales Cloud and Service Cloud is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of CRM database- preferably in Salesforce.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to inclusively communicate statistical and technical findings in an easy-to-understand manner to key stakeholders.
- Strong experience with using complex datasets from multiple sources.
- Advanced analytical techniques.
- Ability to present data insights using data visualization tools (Power BI).
- Very good knowledge of quantitative data analysis software (Excel proficiency required; Microsoft SQL, Visual Basic, R, or Python is an asset).
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to collaborate with others, with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines.
- Strong customer service approach.
- Excellent verbal and written English language required. knowledge of another UN language desirable.
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Dubai, UAE
YOU MUST ALSO
Apply to the UNHCR directly no later than July 21st to the below site:
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.