Our client is one of the leading global innovation service providers in the specialty chemicals and food ingredients industry.
We are looking to place a Regional Legal Counsel MEA to support our client’s business in the Middle East and Africa. This person will give expert legal advice on a broad range of matters relevant to the company’s regional business and operations, with the objective of safeguarding the company’s reputation. This role is based in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Draft, negotiate and administer distribution, agency, and various other commercial agreements to achieve the preferred commercial transactions and to protect the company’s interests with the objective to ensure that all legal aspects are appropriately covered and liabilities are minimized.
- Manage the corporate legal & governance affairs of the MEA entities, including maintaining all legal records.
- Perform general litigation management and provide legal assistance with third-party claim handling in order to preserve the company’s rights.
- Ensure the rollout and maintenance of the group’s compliance policies and procedures within the MEA region.
- Provide and ensure appropriate training on relevant legal and compliance matters with the aim of increasing knowledge and awareness within the organization.
- Active involvement in the preparation and execution of M&A and special projects in order to ensure that all legal aspects are properly considered.
- Assist with specific MEA insurance requirements in conjunction with the global programs.
- Draft and negotiate international/ cross-border distribution agreements.
- Act autonomously and take responsibility for counseling, negotiating, and resolving legal matters.
- Solve problems to issues that show a bias for action and act promptly to clear “roadblocks”.
- Ensure management fully understands and evaluates legal implications and risks and helps them select the preferred way forward.
- Ensure accountability to get things done in a timely manner.
Profile & Background
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Minimum 6 years experience as a Legal Counsel in a corporate legal department or an attorney in a recognized national or regional law firm working in corporate projects.
- Excellent command of the English language, while French and Arabic are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; oral, written, and presentation.
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Beirut, Lebanon
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.