Applications have closed
This listing has expired.
Our client is a global and internationally acclaimed Management Consulting firm which is working on many private and public-sector projects in the Middle East. This firm has an excellent client base and has solid experience in working on large-scale projects in the GCC.
We are looking to place a Project Planner /Project Controls Specialist to work closely with Contract Management and Operational team to ensure a full understanding of contractual requirements and accurate representation in project schedules and risk assessments.
- Engage in project stakeholder management and provide top-management support, through set-up and moderation of stakeholder meetings on various interface issues and program risks and through the preparation of relevant insights and presentations.
Project Planning and Risk Management
- Proactively conduct project planning, baseline schedule management, monitoring, status reporting, baseline change control, and active risk management, as well as for the integrated bus program.
- Bus PO&M project schedule
- Proactively review and support the bus operator in the development of the Bus PO&M project schedule in the Microsoft Project
- Integrated Bus Program schedule
- Proactively develop, manage and update (across stakeholders) schedule in Microsoft Project.
- Include forecasts, variance identification, and opportunities for improvement, critical path analysis, etc.
- Ensure to fully reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple contractors’ schedules and feed changes to the integrated master schedule.
- Bus PO&M risk management
- Proactively review and support bus operators in the development of the Bus PO&M risk register
- Integrated Bus Program risk management:
- Proactively develop, manage, and update risk register (across stakeholders)
- Perform Monte Carlo analysis, forecasting the impact of identified risks on time & cost
- Ensure that project controls processes are consistently applied across the project
- Arrange planning workshops/meetings to discuss and assist contractors/ and team members to close any planning/ project control issues
- Produce weekly and monthly reports in line with the project reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast, and explanation of variances
- Prepare and deliver concise and customized presentations to the client on the status of the Bus Program and key issues & mitigations going forward
Project Stakeholder Management and Top-Management Support
- Highlight and support in resolving issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments and stakeholders
- Support Management in the development of mitigation strategies for identified risks and follow-up on the progress of agreed mitigation strategies
- Support in cross-stakeholder bus program alignment, thorough preparation, set-up, and moderation of stakeholder meetings (esp. on various interface issues and program risks)
- Contribute to top-management decision making, by providing relevant inputs derived from the PO&M and Bus Program schedules and risk assessments
Contract Management Interface
- Review and understand contractual requirements and implications on planning and programming aspects, in alignment with the Contract Management team
- Monitor and control project compliance with contractual obligations (as reflected in the project schedule and highlighted risks), in close alignment with Contract Management and the Operational team
Profile & Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- Professional relevant certifications (PMP) an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in project planning/ risk management of large-scale construction and/ or infrastructure projects
- Experience in Public Transportation projects is an advantage
- Full professional fluency in English required – Arabic is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of project planning software used on the project (Microsoft Project)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Based in Dubai or Riyadh.
- 6–8-month project through December 2022, with the possibility of extension.
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.
TRAC is an Executive Search and Selection firm offering global, long-term, and effective talent acquisition solutions to the private and public sectors in the Middle East and Africa.