Applications have closed
This listing has expired.
Our client is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women, and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. Our client are in over 125 countries and use their expertise to protect and care for millions.
The Private Sector Partnership Officer sits within the Division of External Relations and is responsible for mobilizing resources for refugees from the private sector. Our client has developed a Private Sector Fundraising Strategy 2018 – 2025 which has the ambition of growing PSP into a service capable of generating $1 Billion annually and identifies priority fundraising markets and regions.
The PSP Officer will support the implementation of the PSP Programme with a particular focus on high net worth individuals (HNWIs) in the UAE based on the PSP Global Strategy. This position will be responsible for establishing new connections and cultivating new relationships with new prospects who are willing and capable of giving if they were presented with a well-developed plan and were approached by a person who is dedicated to optimizing potential new partnerships and existing ones. He/she will be responsible for new business development, maintaining and managing a prospect pipeline, and account cultivation and management for existing HNWIs mainly and as a primary function, as well as support on corporations and foundations.
- Mapping of HNWIs in the UAE, screening of any new partners, and preparing a long-term strategy of cultivation for resource mobilization.
- Maintain and manage a full prospect pipeline, including commissioning or performing prospect research as necessary and moving prospects along the donor development cycle.
- Lead on the engagement with a portfolio of HNWIs donors, and for all activities relevant for the acquisition and strengthening of relationships with them, ensuring that a dynamic pipeline is in place and regularly assessed and updated.
- Build solid stewardship or donor care plans aimed at increasing engagement of existing HNWIs donors, ensuring that they will remain loyal to the organization in the long term.
- Monitor the success of activities delegated by the supervisor according to approved plans, which includes keeping track of income raised, prospect pipelines, and income projections to ensure PSP targets are met.
- Manage fundraising and networking events to attract new prospects and maintain close relations with HNWIs in UAE.
- Draft compelling proposals for submission.
- Communicate accurate and timely information on programs and activities, in conformity with the organization’s financial needs and priorities, to prospective and current donors.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on the implementation of funded projects, by obtaining and compiling information from relevant services.
- Organize and accompany donor missions to HQ or the field as required.
- Develop innovative initiatives with HNWIs to obtain financial support for projects.
- Liaise with the PSP Officer in the UAE on any fundraising opportunity that could be undertaken by the regional office and other offices in MENA in its fundraising sub-portfolios.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on Salesforce of HNWIs donors
- Perform any other tasks as required
Profile & Background
- UAE National
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree in Political or Social.
- Highly developed drafting ability in working language of duty station.
- Expertise and connections with HNWIs in the UAE.
- Excellent writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and strong communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent computer skills with particular reference to the analysis of Focus, fundraising-related data, as well as excellent knowledge of word, excel, and PowerPoint.
- A well-developed understanding of strategic implications of fundraising metrics and data.
- Experience in fundraising and partnerships is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic language is essential and the candidate should have an excellent command of the English language.
- Based in Dubai, UAE
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.