This position has been filled
This listing has expired.
Our client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies operating across the GCC for over 30 years. They offer full-service engineering with a focus on foundations and piling.
We are looking to place an HSE Officer who will promote HSE Awareness among the workforce by communicating the HSE Policies and site-specific HSE requirements periodically.
- Provide technical HSE support and give work direction to less experienced people and ensure each employee has received the necessary and most appropriate HSE training and maintain records.
- Make regular visits to the site for meetings/inspections and to make sure all HSE expectations and HSE culture are implemented at the project site.
- Prepare the weekly, and monthly HSE reports as per the project, client, and company’s requirements and sends them to all concerned.
- Ensure all safety & fire detection, prevention, and fighting equipment/systems are always installed and maintained in good working condition.
- Conduct & participate in Internal / External ISO 14001 Environmental Audits, ISO 45001 Audits, and the company’s OSHAD Audits and their action plans and update continuously.
- Prepare and conduct HSE campaigns on quarterly bases on different scenarios.
- Undertake the lead role in all accident investigations & emergency cases and ensure that a written investigation report is prepared for all reportable accidents/emergencies and circulated to all concerned parties.
- Prepare, present and explain the monthly and quarterly HSE review reports in the meeting
- Ensure all site-based employees adhere to the company’s client & legal HSE requirements, procedures, and safe working practices.
- Attend progress meetings with the Client/Contractor and ensure that all HSE-related matters are discussed and monitored accordingly.
- Develop and deliver in-house training courses on health, safety, and environmental topics.
- Ensure that the HSE Induction program is developed and delivered on various safety topics & ensure that all staff/workers receive an induction prior to starting the work.
- Advise on the requirements for site welfare and carry out regular inspections of the facilities, along with reporting of any concerns to the HSE Manager.
- Perform duties professionally at all times and ensure that the advice given to consultants, clients, and contractors is at the highest standard.
Profile & Background
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably Technical) in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, or related engineering field from an accredited university with significant experience in the Construction / Oil and Gas industry
- 10 years experience (proof of experience, Certificates/Letters require to be submitted)
- Preferable with NEBOSH IGC / Diploma, IOSH, OSHAD, ISO 45001 & 14001 Internal Auditor or Lead Auditor Qualification
- Knowledgeable in Estidama Compliance for Environmental Sustainability
- Knowledgeable in the establishment, documentation, and implementation of HSE Management systems
- Approvals obtained for any Oil and Gas projects assigned previously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and PC skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent client-facing, presentation, project management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to initiate change and maintain a world-class safety culture.
- Must have a valid UAE license.
- Must have ADNOC Approved qualifications
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Abu Dhabi, UAE
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.