This position has been filled
Our client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies operating across the GCC for over 30 years. They offer full-service engineering with a focus on foundations and piling.
We are looking to place an HSE Officer who will promote HSE Awareness among the workforce by communicating the HSE Policies and site-specific HSE requirements periodically.
- Provide technical HSE support and give work direction to less experienced people and ensure each employee has received the necessary and most appropriate HSE training and maintain records.
- Make regular visits to the site for meetings/inspections and to make sure all HSE expectations and HSE culture are implemented at the project site.
- Prepare the weekly, and monthly HSE reports as per the project, client, and company’s requirements and sends them to all concerned.
- Ensure all safety & fire detection, prevention, and fighting equipment/systems are always installed and maintained in good working condition.
- Conduct & participate in Internal / External ISO 14001 Environmental Audits, ISO 45001 Audits, and the company’s OSHAD Audits and their action plans and update continuously.
- Prepare and conduct HSE campaigns on quarterly bases on different scenarios.
- Undertake the lead role in all accident investigations & emergency cases and ensure that a written investigation report is prepared for all reportable accidents/emergencies and circulated to all concerned parties.
- Prepare, present and explain the monthly and quarterly HSE review reports in the meeting
- Ensure all site-based employees adhere to the company’s client & legal HSE requirements, procedures, and safe working practices.
- Attend progress meetings with the Client/Contractor and ensure that all HSE-related matters are discussed and monitored accordingly.
- Develop and deliver in-house training courses on health, safety, and environmental topics.
- Ensure that the HSE Induction program is developed and delivered on various safety topics & ensure that all staff/workers receive an induction prior to starting the work.
- Advise on the requirements for site welfare and carry out regular inspections of the facilities, along with reporting of any concerns to the HSE Manager.
- Perform duties professionally at all times and ensure that the advice given to consultants, clients, and contractors is at the highest standard.
Profile & Background
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably Technical) in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, or related engineering field from an accredited university with significant experience in the Construction / Oil and Gas industry
- 10 years experience (proof of experience, Certificates/Letters require to be submitted)
- Preferable with NEBOSH IGC / Diploma, IOSH, OSHAD, ISO 45001 & 14001 Internal Auditor or Lead Auditor Qualification
- Knowledgeable in Estidama Compliance for Environmental Sustainability
- Knowledgeable in the establishment, documentation, and implementation of HSE Management systems
- Approvals obtained for any Oil and Gas projects assigned previously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and PC skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent client-facing, presentation, project management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to initiate change and maintain a world-class safety culture.
- Must have a valid UAE license.
- Must have ADNOC Approved qualifications
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Abu Dhabi, UAE
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.