Applications have closed
This listing has expired.
Our client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies operating across the GCC for over 30 years. They offer full-service engineering with a focus on foundations and piling.
We are looking to place an experienced HSE Environment Specialist who will be responsible to ensure that all employees adhere to the contracts’ documents, relevant safety, and local/federal environmental standards and requirements.
- Lead the site environment section.
- Supervise and coordinate the site environmental issues which include the company’s environment protection strategies, site environment plan, budget, and the implementation of the HSE management system.
- Provide technical advice on environmental policies and standards to ensure regulatory capability.
- Conduct research and technical audits on environmental impact of projects, analyze data, and perform quality control checks.
- Assist with the development of all internal processes and programs to ensure emergency preparedness is effective and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and test all plant-related air emission, and effluent discharge and ensure the quality of the same are in compliance with international and local standards.
- Track and register all the hazardous chemicals/waste (HAZMAT) and provide sustainable operations.
- Develop short- and long-term field environmental targets, including new projects or drilling activities.
- Ensure that design projects comply with environmental and health regulations.
- Implement sustainability initiatives in respect to environmental protection (such as but not limited to, material management, water use and effluent discharge, air emissions, energy consumption, biodiversity conservation, and solid and hazardous waste management).
- Document and maintain plans, requirements, protocols, permits, and standard operating procedures.
Health and Safety
- Support the HSE Manager in the planning, coordination, and implementation of effective HSE policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure that departmental objectives are met.
- Provide support to the Project Management team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Manage the safety statistic reporting.
- Provide advice on the health and safety needs of the work site.
- Advise the risk assessment team to identify risks and set up preventive measures.
- Develop a safe system of work and “Permit to Work” procedures.
- Assist the investigation team to investigate all accidents, near-miss incidents, and dangerous occurrences in his area and submit a detailed report.
- Conduct daily inspections to monitor work, sites, and company facilities against documented safe systems of work, PTW procedures, and regulations and standards.
- Conduct job-specific training on Health and Safety, site induction, first-aid, and relevant drills.
- Maintain records of all accidents, near-miss incidents, and dangerous occurrences.
- Monitor the safety performance of the projects/site.
- Ensure that risk assessments, method statements, and a safe system of work are discussed with key personnel.
- Maintain documentation and record keeping of all health and safety activities.
- Attend operational and safety meetings (site and combined) and raise safety issues.
- Issue Non-Conformance Reports and Safety Violation Slip where applicable in accordance with the Site HSE Plan.
- File the records related to the HSE Plan, reports, induction records, risk assessments, toolbox talks, statistic reports, and photos of any incidents, near misses, etc.
Profile & Background
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Environmental, Chemical, Process), Geology, or Environment Science.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Construction or Ground Engineering.
- 5 years experience in ESTIDAMA Compliance for Environmental Sustainability.
- Hands-on experience with analytical, mechanical, and compliance software (e.g., SAS, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Knowledge of the UAE Environmental laws and regulations, permitting waste management operations, and local requirements.
- Familiarity with quality assurance, documentation, environmental rules, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent written communication skills and proficiency with technical reports.
- Must have a valid UAE driver’s license.
- Highly competitive package.
- Based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Reports to HSE Manager.
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.