Our client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies operating across the GCC for over 30 years. They offer full-service engineering with a focus on foundations and piling.
We are looking to place an experienced Environment Specialist who will be responsible to ensure that all employees adhere to the contracts’ documents, relevant safety, and local/federal environmental standards and requirements.
- Lead the Site Environmental Section.
- Supervises and coordinates the Site Environmental issues which include the company’s Environment protection strategies, Site Environment plan, budget, and the implementation of the HSE management system.
- Provides technical advice on environmental policies and standards to ensure regulatory capability.
- Daily tracking and reporting on Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions; constantly focusing on reducing fuel emissions and material usage.
- Advise the sites on how to become more sustainable and carry out regular environmental site inspections.
- Minimize the waste of materials, promote recycling, reusing, resources, and energy, and dispose responsibly of any waste products arising from our activities.
- Ensures that the design projects comply with environmental and health regulations.
- Conducts research and technical audits on the environmental impact of the project analyzes data and performs quality control checks.
- Knowledge about the UAE Environmental laws and regulations, permitting waste management operations as per the local requirements.
- Support the development and implementation of drills and exercises to demonstrate the adequacy of the program.
- Monitoring and testing all the plant-related air and carbon emissions, and effluent discharges and ensuring the quality of the same are in compliance with international and local standards.
- Participate in environmental support initiatives that help the company reduce CO2 emissions by 2030.
- Track and register all the Hazardous chemicals/waste (HAZMAT) and provide sustainable operations.
- Develops short- and long-term field environmental targets, including new projects or drilling activities.
- Implementing sustainability initiatives in respect to environmental protection (such as but not limited to, material management, water use and effluent discharge, air and carbon emissions, energy consumption, biodiversity conservation, and solid and hazardous waste management).
- Document and maintain plans, requirements, protocols, permits, and standard operating procedures.
Profile & Background
- Degree in Environmental Engineering or Environment Science.
- ISO 9001 or 45001 certification is an advantage.
- Previous experience in Ground Engineering, or Construction projects is an advantage.
- Familiarity with quality assurance, documentation, environmental rules, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent written communication skills and proficiency with technical reports.
- Must have a valid UAE driver’s license.
- Highly competitive package.
- Based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.