This position has been filled
Our client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies operating across the GCC for over 30 years. They offer full-service engineering with a focus on foundations and piling.
We are looking for a Credit & Collection Officer to assist with the collection of outstanding debts. The collections officer will contact clients and inform them of their debts, negotiate payment plans, and ensure payments are made as soon as possible. You may also be required to institute legal action when payments are not made.
To ensure success as a collections officer, you should have excellent communication, negotiation, and mathematical skills, as well as attention to detail. A skilled Collections Officer should be able to reduce company losses by encouraging customers to pay their overdue bills.
- Reviewing the company debtor list.
- Contacting customers and informing them of their overdue bills.
- Preparing the overall cash flow.
- Advising customers on their payment options and suggesting methods of payment.
- Negotiating suitable payment plans.
- Maintaining customer payment records.
- Preparing customer financial statements for banks and the state credit department.
- Writing final notice warnings to customers when payments are not being made.
- Instituting legal action when customers fail to pay their debt.
- Responding to customer queries.
- Contacting lawyers and insurance agencies to facilitate payments.
- Make sure that the payments are collected and deposited on time.
- Arrange meetings with the clients to follow up on their payments.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
Profile & Background
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or a similar field is relevant.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a credit & collection officer in the Construction industry.
- Exceptional in working with MS Office and especially spreadsheets.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive financial information.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Familiarity with state debt collection laws.
- Knowledge of payment plans and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of office and accounting software/ ERP.
- Patience and resilience.
- Have UAE Driving License.
- Competitive Package
- Based in Abu Dhabi, UAE
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.