Our Client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies operating across GCC for over 25 years. They offer full-service engineering with a focus on foundations and piling.
We are looking to place a Cost Accountant who will minimize the days sales outstanding (DSO) and processing costs whilst maintaining good customer relations.
- Preparing of statement of account for each project and update it on daily basis.
- Analyze the requirements of a project and determine the cost involved.
- Review current schedules and stages of projects and conduct a cost control analysis.
- Once projects have been completed, following up on releasing of original guarantees, security cheques on or before defects liability period.
- Meeting with the clients to resolve any issues related to the invoices/payments.
- Identifying the variations in contract costs and updating the information in a timely manner with Estimation Department
- Work with project managers and operational team in resolving costing issues
- Resolving the discrepancies related to the submitted invoices.
- Issuing payment certificates and progress payments,
- Reviewing contract and payment terms and forecasting cashflow
- Able to generate contract billings with various complex situations with VAT impact from the data received from the Project Site.
- Able to understand Contract Clauses related to Financial matters i.e., payment terms, Warranties, DLP, etc.
- Reasonable knowledge of insurances and bonds required for the project.
- Can follow up with clients with professional communication.
Ensure the following:
o Timely submission of invoices to the client.
o All data related to the project for invoicing have been collected properly.
o Scrutinization of data to convert into an invoice.
o Calculations are in accordance with the contracts.
o Proper VAT has been invoiced.
o Advance payments have been collected in a timely manner against the submission of the advance payment bond.
o Due payments have been followed up in advance on a daily basis to avoid any delays in payments.
o Payment certificates have been received from each project and invoices have been certified and forwarded to the accounts department of the client.
Profile & Background
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of analyzing financial reports and records.
- Able to generate budgets and reports.
- 2+ years’ experience in accounts receivable and account reconciliation.
- Advanced level PC skills with knowledge of Windows & Microsoft software applications, advanced knowledge in spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive package
- Based in Abu Dhabi, UAE
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.