This position has been filled
Our client is a privately-owned company that produces and distributes sweets and confectionery products in more than 150 countries worldwide. Employing over 15,000 employees and operating over 30 companies around the world, this organization has a true global reach.
We are looking to place a Commercial Controller who will act as a business partner to the commercial team by supporting business decisions and ensuring implementation of processes that drive control and accountability. They will be responsible for implementing, directing, and overseeing the auditing and compliance of the organization’s commercial controls and reviews. This role reports to the Finance Manager.
Support the business by pro-actively making analysis to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
Internal Commercial Control
- Responsible for the control of the entire OTC process to ensure all transactions are as per the process.
- Review selling prices and ensure accurate pricing.
- Maintain, update, and review price structures while identifying gaps and improvements.
- Periodically review distributor agreements and report any deviation.
- Review contracted international commercial terms (incoterms) and ensure that SAP reflects contracted terms. Suggest changes wherever it makes better business sense.
- Control business travels by setting pre-travel clear objectives and ensuring travel purpose is met.
Contract & Claims management
- Manage the end-to-end SOX program, including risk assessments, testing, interpreting issues, and coordination with external and internal auditors.
- Properly assess commercial risks for the business model, sales contract, project, and set control process and test the results.
Profitability & ROI Controls
- Oversee key account profitability and P&L by retailer.
- Monitor promotions pre & post ROI analysis.
- Control and follow- up the promotional spending, seek for areas of savings and make proposals for cost optimization.
- Monitor customer and product mix and ensure adherence to the plan.
Master Data Control
- Review customer master data and report changes monthly.
- Ensure customers’ credit limits are set properly, review periodically, and update as per business requirement.
- Ensure bank guarantees, LCs and SBLCs are in place and notify customers for renewal.
- Audit all advertising & promotion POs and provide explanation when needed.
- Review open POs and follow up on timely closure of open line items.
- Frequently review marketing activities and partner with marketing team.
- Positively challenge commercial team and have frequent constructive discussions regarding retailers’ contracts and promotions efficiency.
- Ensures monitoring of business and financial performance by providing the country and cluster management team with information, financial analyses and proactive advice.
- Monitor DSO and ensure collections on timely manner.
- Manage distributor inventory levels.
Profile & Background
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Minimum 7-8 years of experience in the FMCG industry in commercial controlling, business partnering, sales, finance, and financial analysis.
- SAP knowledge is a must.
- Proficient in MS Excel & PowerPoint.
- Power BI experience is a plus.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Arabic is a plus.
- Highly competitive package.
- Based in Dubai, UAE.
TRAC does not share any personal or role related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients, unless authorized to do so in writing.
TRAC is an Executive Search and Selection firm offering global, long-term, and effective talent acquisition solutions to the private and public sectors in the Middle East and Africa.