This position has been filled
Our client is a privately owned company, which produces and distributes sweets and confectionery products in more than 150 countries worldwide. Employing approximately over 15,000 employees and operating over 30 companies around the world, this organization has a true global reach.
Our client is looking for a Business Development/Sales Manager-Levant to develop & manage overall business strategy & plans in the Levant countries and follow up on the execution in these countries to deliver the business objectives.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Initiating the appointment & termination of distributors in the region, as well as drawing up and negotiating both long & short term business development plans with distributors; covering Optimum Product Portfolio, Optimum Pricing Strategy, Optimum Visibility & Distribution Penetration Strategy and plans.
- Liaison with Marketing Department for each country in the region.
- Initiating, allocating, approving, and implementing all trade & consumer promotion plans, budgets, and actions considering guidelines from Marketing Department – with the objective/s of maximizing/optimizing distribution penetration and visibility for product lines within the retail & wholesale trade in each of the respective countries under responsibility; and building up brand/s awareness, brand/s perception, consumer off-take, and market share.
- All the above to be initiated, planned, developed, implemented, and results monitored & reported in liaison with responsible Regional Business Director and in coordination with Marketing team directly responsible for the region, at most efficient cost, within the budget guidelines set, in line with company policies and procedures, and with the ultimate objective of consistently achieving/exceeding committed sales & profitability growth objectives in the business area & region.
- Constantly developing & maintaining a positive image of the company in front of the customers/distributors, consumers, and local authorities.
- Develop distributors team, by coaching them and leading the business in each of his markets.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of account-specific business plans to align and ensure achievement of the financial targets (budget) and corporate goals (regional marketing strategy) for all company’s brands within the region.
- Ensure the development of efficient and effective sales tracking systems and processes, including:
- Control of key performance indicators (net sales, volume, in-market sales, trade spend, credit days, etc.).
- Regular performance reviews at both head office and field levels, including reporting and follow-up.
- Control of trade budget funds in a transparent manner.
- Full and consistent evaluation of promotional activity.
- Managing terms and conditions of trade and net / net pricing issues throughout the region, to manage area and account profitability within agreed budgets.
- Develop distributors’ sales organization to ensure that service to EMEA product lines is highly competitive and becomes “best in class” within the country/market.
- Work closely with EMEA Marketing Department to ensure all platforms and activities are in-line with the agreed vision and long-term strategy for the region.
- Primary contact for all customer/distributor issues related to day-to-day operations and achievement of the EMEA financial budget (volume forecasts and updates, logistics and supply issues, accounts receivables and payable, terms and conditions of sale)
- The incumbent is the primary owner of the Trade spend budget which is to be used for realizing the local sales and distribution strategy. Funds will be assigned to the respective countries by means of the yearly business plan that has to be developed in liaison with the Regional Business Director.
- Plan, initiate and control key account (distributor) negotiations; establish and maintain strong top-to-top contacts with trade partners (improve our “share of mind” with each distributor); continuously review sales impact for all category decisions.
- Implement the EMEA concept for POS-execution and -service (merchandising strategy) to achieve and keep “best in class” POS presence standards.
- Monitor and frequently report on market conditions and competitive activities and provide recommendations for business development.
- Travel in the region when needed.
Profile & Background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the FMCG industry in a sales, business development or product development.
- Led distributors’ teams in the Levant market. Other markets are a plus.
- Traditional & Modern trade experience is a must.
- Microsoft Office is a must
- Fluent in both English & Arabic
- MBA is a plus
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Lebanon or Jordan
- Health Insurance for self and family
TRAC does not share any personal or role related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients, unless authorized to do so in writing.