This position has been filled
Our client is a global and internationally acclaimed Management Consulting firm that is working on a large number of private and public-sector projects in the Middle East. This firm has an excellent client base and has solid experience in working on large scale projects in the GCC.
We are looking to place a Bus Network Planning, Scheduling, and Infrastructure Manager to successfully develop scheduling scenarios and lead the Network Planning, Scheduling, and Infrastructure team. The person will lead the development of the contractual deliverables for the workstream and oversee the Bus Operator’s network planning and scheduling activity to ensure full integration and compatibility with contractual requirements, budgets, and available resources.
Network planning/ design
- Lead network development for later stages of the bus network and provide strategic advice to the Authority for future network expansion and for new developments.
- Support in developing and implementing an in-house network planning team to include knowledge transfer and training.
- Coordinate regular bus network/ route inspections to 1) evaluate route performance, 2) identify a need for network changes, and 3) monitor and evaluate route performance.
- Manage the ongoing transition and integration of existing network data management systems to the GOAL scheduling system.
- Support the ongoing installation and initialization of the scheduling system including further system specification development.
- Manage the contractual validation of data files ensuring all data is within the agreements between the client and the operator.
- Develop and maintain network data and cartography, performing quality control to assure accuracy and completeness of the information.
- Produce scenarios (Vehicle blocks and Crew schedules) that align with the contractual parameters.
- Validate and assess Network proposals made by the Operator to ensure compliance with the contract.
- Coordinate and develop relationships with external stakeholders relating to road and bus stop infrastructure and to new infrastructure or development within area,
Profile & Background
- Bachelor’s degree is a must.
- Professional relevant qualifications or certifications related to Transportation Planning, Engineering, or similar
- 8+ years of previous professional experience in a similar role.
- Experience utilizing a scheduling system (GOAL, Hastus, Austrics, Omnibus, etc.) and or extensive experience in data analysis with an understanding of scheduling principals.
- Experience in the Middle East, preferably Saudi Arabia is an advantage.
- Full professional fluency in English required and fluency in Arabic would be considered a strong advantage.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to analyze and present technical data including operational performance reports.
- Demonstrated experience working on Transportation Projects or within a Transportation Authority with a specific focus on network planning and scheduling.
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Riyadh, KSA
- The contract is through October 2021 with the possibility of extension.
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.