Applications have closed
This listing has expired.
Our client is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women, and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. Our client is in over 125 countries and use their expertise to protect and care for millions.
UNHCR Private Sector Partnership MENA is looking for an Associate PSP Officer – Islamic Philanthropy to manage relations with a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders, with the main aim of increasing IP funds received by UNHCR from KSA. S/He preferably has proven fundraising experience and connections in the sectors of IP and Islamic banking/ finance in KSA. He/ she is expected to support in further shaping UNHCR’s approach to IP in KSA and in the engagement with relevant internal and external stakeholders crucial to the realization of UNHCR’s IP target of $80M by 2025 from the MENA region alone.
The role requires the incumbent to be able to connect, build and maintain strong and trusting relationships with others; and able to demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and emotional intelligence, S/he needs to communicate clearly and persuasively and to be capable of convening important constituencies and leverage these relationships to accomplish goals of UNHCR.
- Implementation: Scale UNHCR’s IP activities in KSA, through identifying new donors and fundraising to support UNHCR’s programme This includes fundraising from Waqf foundations, financial institutions, and high net worth donors, among other donor types.
- Support the development of institutional partnerships to advance the IP strategy in Saudi Arabia with relevant educational, research, and charitable institution
- Manage relationships with and properly steward existing IP donors and partners to ensure the realization of a mutually beneficial long-term partnership
- Be responsible for drafting, both in English and Arabic, all communication relevant to the IP prospect pipeline in KSA, this includes but is not limited to proposals, reports, and letters.
- Represent UNHCR at relevant forums, conferences and events that support advancing the IP strategy Serve as a thought leader on IP for both internal and external audiences.
- Prepare, as required, regular progress reports including key developments, financial projections, pending proposals and potential challenges to be addressed
- Update on regular basis the Salesforce database with relevant prospect information including thematic interests, donation opportunities, contact information, and essential communication (meetings, emails, calls, etc.)
- Support the organization of local events that aim to raise the profile of UNHCR’s IP programme, including the local launch of annual and mid-year IP reports.
- Perform other functions as needed.
Profile & Background
- Must be a Saudi Arabia national
- University Degree in Finance, Islamic Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years experience with a graduate degree, or 2 years of experience with a master’s degree relevant to Islamic Philanthropy.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, revenue-generating business development, strategic partnership development through engaging the private sector, corporate and private foundations, or high net worth individuals, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Strong preference for Islamic Philanthropy and/or international organization experienced.
- Demonstrated experience with high-level networking and representing organizations externally.
- Experience managing the production of fundraising or business development materials from creating concept notes to developing and communicating them to different audiences.
- High client orientation, networking, and relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills.
- Fluency in Arabic is required, strong written and verbal English is required.
- Highly competitive package
- Based in Riyadh, KSA
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.